Quick Beef Fajitas with Pico De Gallo
- 1 beef flank steak (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 8 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Pico de Gallo:
- 1/2 cup chopped seeded tomato
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup prepared picante sauce or salsa
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Combine marinade ingredients in small bowl. Place beef steak and marinade in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight, turning occasionally.
- Combine Pico de Gallo ingredients in medium bowl.
- Remove steak; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, turning occasionally. Carve across the grain into thin slices. Serve in tortillas with Pico de Gallo.
Marinade time: 6 hours or overnight
Total recipe time: 25 minutes
Makes 4 servings