Mexican Beef and Bean Stew
- 1 1/2 pounds beef for stew, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (10.5 ounce) can Campbell’s® Condensed Beef Consomme
- 1 cup Pace® Thick & Chunky Salsa
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Coat the beef with flour. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook in 2 batches until it’s well browned, stirring often.
- Stir the beef, consomme, salsa, onion, beans, corn, chili powder, cumin and garlic powder in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours* or until the beef is fork-tender.
*Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.