Szechuan Beef Stir-Fry
- 2 beef shoulder center steaks (ranch), cut 3/4 inch thick (about 8 ounces each)
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh vegetable stir-fry blend
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup prepared sesame-ginger stir-fry sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups hot cooked rice or brown rice, prepared without butter or salt
- 1/4 cup dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
- Combine vegetables and water in large nonstick skillet; cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain vegetables. Set aside.
- Meanwhile cut beef steaks into 1/4-inch thick strips.
- Heat same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef and 1/2 of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove from skillet; keep warm. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
- Return all beef and vegetables to skillet. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total recipe time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 serving