Barbecue Beef Casserole
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 (10 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 3 (8.5 ounce) packages corn bread mix
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Crumble the ground beef into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until evenly browned. Add the onion, bell pepper, corn and tomatoes. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender. Drain excess grease, and stir in the barbeque sauce. Spread the beef mixture in an even layer in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Prepare the cornbread batter mixes according to package directions. Spread the batter over the top of the beef mixture.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top is golden brown, and a knife inserted into the center of the cornbread layer comes out clean.
~~~SERVES 12 ~~~
|PREP TIME||15 Min|
|COOK TIME||25 Min|
|READY IN||40 Min|